Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hello from Moscow and PICTURES!!









We arrived safely yesterday morning after a very exhausting train ride - both kids were awake most of the night and both fell asleep immidiately upon getting into the car on our short drive to Brady's medical appointment. Upon getting off the train we had quite the meltdown. It was so hot in the train that we were all dripping sweat and with little sleep for the kids (or us) we were all a little bitter. Well, somehow in between trying to lug around two suitcases, two carry-ons and a one year old we lost track of Allison getting off the train. All I could hear was her screaming "Mommy" and there were so many men in front of me and I had Brady and a suitcase so couldn't get to her. Well I get off the train and here is our coordinator telling her that she needs to put on her hat and Allie is just tantruming...bad! So in the middle of her tantrum she goes running and I dropped my suitcase to catch her just before she falls way down onto the train tracks as I am screaming in fear....we were quite the site.
The medical appointment was brief and went well - no major concerns other than his food allergies we already were aware of. When we finally sat down to eat yesterday afternoon I chipped a large piece of a tooth which has proved rather unpleasent. Right now the kids are finally napping and then we will have our appointment at the US Embassy and hopefully some time to visit the Red Square. We are so anxious to began our travels home tomorrow!!! We will leave here around noon and be in New York at 6 pm (were 9 hours ahead) and in Minneapolis at 11 PM!

7 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

I am so excited for you to finally be in Moscow. I'm so sorry that you have had some bumps along the way. Hopefully things have gotten much better since this post. I'm sure the Marriot was a nice change.

Troy and Rachel said...

I am so glad you'll be headed home soon. I know you must be anxious to be in your own home and own bed!! Praying for safe travels!! Take care of that tooth!

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for the pictures. What an emotional day for you. I would have been so scared too chasing my child in a train station and not speaking their language. Glad it worked out for you!

Brady and Allison are adorably sweet.
Safe travels and many blessings your way!

Patti said...

Cute pictures! Hang in there, you're almost home! You're in my prayers for safe travels and a peaceful trip home.

MandyJo013078 said...

Have a safe trip home ! I can't wait till you are back in Minnesota! I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

We have been following your long journey and brave adventure. Your love and commitment to your new family with Brady is most impressive. Jim and Judy have kept us informed and we now know you are finally on the way home. Welcome and Merry Christmas!

Tracy said...

It was so nice to meet you and your beautiful family today. YOUR HOME :)!!!!!