Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 16, 2007

This will likely be our last post before arriving in Moscow (where I promise to post pictures). Tomorrow we will take the 14-hour train ride from Petro to Moscow. Since having Brady we realized how crucial the crib is for him to sleep – we had to ask to get one in the apartment even because he would not sleep in anything else, so the train and plane ride may proof very interesting.

Today we went back into the city for a short time, walked around and then came back to meet with our coordinator about final arrangements tomorrow. The cute comment of the day came from Allison, when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said, “Nala (our dog) and go home”. More than we do, I think she misses home but I am hoping a part of this trip will stay with her, hoping she gained a new appreciation for the things she has. I know we have. We are so much more appreciative of running water (that you can drink), prescription medication, my car, my 8-piece set of dishes, a sink in the bathroom, etc, etc.

Tomorrow we will are hoping to make it to the lake one last time and take pictures in the morning. In the afternoon we will pick up Brady’s passport, meet with our coordinator and get on the train....homeward bound...kind of.

No comments: