Sunday, August 26, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
- Why Russia?
We decided on Russia after exploring an array of options. We truly felt a calling to the area. We have ansectors from the area and we are allowed to adopt infants (not true of all foreign adoptions).
- Have you met your child yet?
No. We will not meet him until our first trip.
- Will you get a picture?
Doubtful, most Russian adoptions do not give pictures to families however the region we are adopting from does do this occasionally.
- Do you have to go to Russia?
Yes, twice. The first trip is our "referral trip" where we will meet the child and accept or decline the referral. We will be able to send medical reports back to the University of MN adoption clinic for review prior to our acceptance.
- Did you consider adopting from the U.S.?
Not so much. We really saw this as an opportunity to add to our family while also helping a child who is in need of a home.
- How old will he be?
We have requested a boy between the ages of 6 months (the youngest you can adopt from Russia) to 18 months.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Monday, August 6, 2007
5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Enjoying my first year in Northern MN
2. Driving a Volkswagen jetta
3. Working on my social work and education degrees
4. Living in a cute little apt. overlooking the lake and university
5. Working in residential treatment
5 snacks I enjoy:
2. Pizza - any kind, any time
3. Spinach dip
5. Mocha ice cream
5 things I would do if I were a Millionaire
1. Pay off our debt - then check to see if there was anything left :)
2. Adopt a couple more little guys
3. Pay off the debt of our friends and family
4. Help the AIDS foundation in Africa
5. Help others adopt orphans around the world
5 bad habits:
1. Talking too fast when I'm nervous
2. Eating when I'm stressed
3. Over worrying
4. Pushing the snooze - for 30-45 minutes!
5. Eating before bed
5 things I like to do:
3. Cross country ski
4. Go to the amusement park or zoo with Allie
5. Drink coffee by the lake with a good friend
5 things I would never wear again:
1. A two piece that does not cover my tummy
2. Rolled jeans (except on a dare - remember Betsy?)
3. Super high curled bangs
4. Any type of perm (not a good look for me)
5. Any multi colored neon items
Hmmm....who's the lucky one to get tagged....I'm going to pass this on to my fellow Tver adoptee Carrie!! Enjoy!