Sunday, August 5, 2007

Catching up...



It has been a little while - what have we been doing? A lot! We returned late yesterday after a whirlwind of events. We left suddenly after my Grandmother passed away. We traveled to Minneapolis to help with funeral arrangements and be with family. It was a hard week. My Grandmother was full of life and spirit and speaking at her funeral was one of the hardest things I've ever done. She had been so excited about our adoption and I am sad our little man will not have the pleasure of knowing her. Immediately after the funeral we headed North for a jewelry fundraiser. We have had great increase in our jewelry sales and are considering starting a website just dedicated to selling it...I even sold to a couple of people who are looking to sell it in their stores / boutiques!! We then headed further North for some much needed relaxation time. I am sure those of you in this waiting stage can relate to the feeling that the adoption never really leaves your mind...thinking of our son who we have not yet met sitting in an orphanage is very, very difficult sometimes. Getting back to reality is always hard...Ryan continues to search for employment and time will tell whether we will remain in our home. I was hoping to hear news about our agencies accreditation but no word yet. It also does not appear that things in our region are moving along very swiftly as there have not been any referrals there for quite a while therefore we may inquire about switching regions if this does not pick up after summer months. I am posting a pic from our trip...Allison had a blast up North - she caught her first fish, paddled her first canoe and ate way more raspberries than she could count. A special thanks to Tom, Pat and Patty who were very hospitable while we stayed with them!!

5 comments:

Deb said...

So sorry for you lose. Sounds like your grandmother was a wonderful lady.
Glad the trip went well. That's so exciting about your jewelery doing so well. That's wonderful.

Troy and Rachel said...

I am so happy you had a break with your vacation, but also sorry for your loss of your grandmother. It's wonderful to hear your jewelry sales are going so well. Keep us all updated.

Allison said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your grandmother.
Sounds like you had a great vacation. Allison is absolutely adorable!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. I'm sure that has been terribly difficult, and I'm amazed that you spoke at her funeral. I'm imagine that was very hard!

I'm glad you all were able to take a break and have a vacation! By the way, I have good news for you! A CHI Tver family received their referral this morning!!! :)

Becky and Keith said...

Sorry for just now commenting - I've been out of town! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. I'm sure she will be watching over you and your little one!

Congrats on the jewelry business - It's great that it's busy! :-)