Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Missing our little man...

I posted the song above before but it applies so much better now. ..I love it but cannot get through it without tears. I had thought the first week would be the most difficult after leaving our little guy but as it turns out the longer were apart the more difficult the waiting becomes. I cannot imagine the struggles and pain of those who have waited so much longer (for some the wait is a year and beyond). I am so anxious to go back to see him. Work, school, every moment that goes by is a struggle to focus. We were told we would hear when our release letter and other documentation made it from Moscow to Petro. We had thought that would be around the end of last week but still have not heard that it has arrived. Once that happens we will be assigned a judge who will look over our paperwork and assign a court date. Our agency and those we worked with in Russia are so FANTASTIC - we are confident we are in good hands...we just miss our little man.

In the meantime I have been a little nuts...I am doing my best to cram 6 weeks worth of grad school and work into two weeks as it's likely I will miss the last month of my final semester in grad school. I am so thankful that I have very understanding coworkers and professors. We are also trying to get a lot of Christmas shopping in early and will be spending the next couple weekends at more craft shows selling jewelry for our adoption. Speaking of gratitude....not many husbands would miss an entire fishing and hunting season to help their wife sell jewelry (or watch their daughter while their wife sells) despite a large amount of harsh teasing from his buddies. (I promise guys you can have him back next season!)

7 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Amy I can't yet imagine how hard it is between trips, but keep focusing on your little man to get you through. Ryan is a good hubby to miss out on hunting and fishing. Troy has done the same so he can work two jobs for funds. What great men!!

Carey and Norman said...

Love the song. Thanks for sharing. Natalie has a beautiful voice.

It is so hard, isn't it. We did so well since we knew we had four months or longer to wait to return to Vlad. Now that the holidays are upon us and we are getting closer, it is that much harder to wait.

We are so glad that you are taking your daughter with you on trip 2 as this will allow you to enjoy your time in Petro without missing her back home. You will also have a fun holiday season with your entire family together.

We still pray for a quick court date, but we realize that by leaving our son behind it will be tough to go. As I said before, I will travel twice if I need to depending on when the court hearing is scheduled and not having the ten days waived.

You are in our prayers as we wait with you and know how hard it is. Best of luck selling jewelry at your shows!

I agree with Rachel on the hunting. Norman hasn't been this year either. We all have such wonderful, supporting husbands!

Susan said...

I hope you get the call soon and I hope you keep your wits about you while cramming all those clases in right now!

Becky and Keith said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be! I know we all think that waiting for "the call" is hard, but I don't think that we really know waiting until between the trips! It sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy which will help time go by. And what a great husband you have!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope that you do not have to wait very long to go back and pick up your son. It has been so amazing that things have moved so much more quickly for you all than you originally anticipated, and I hope that you will have your son home for the holidays! Best wishes with completing your grad school work!

junglemama said...

Waiting is so hard. I think the 16weeks between our trips was the longest four months of my life.

It will happen and boy is it so worth it!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh, Amy,

I know this wait so well. I was so incredibly hard waiting those 4 months to return to bring Owen home. There were so many days I just cried. I couldn't focus at work, couldn't stop thinking about that sweet face and staring at his pictures and checking email every minute of the day. Every time the phone rang my heart skipped a beat.

We do have wonderful husbands! I'm so glad Ryan is helping you sell jewelry. I hope you are able to raise some good money at your shows!

I really hope you hear from your agency soon! I'm sorry you have to go through this wait. I don't wish it upon anyone! The moment you get that call the waiting will completely fade away, I promise!

Adrienne