Monday, November 5, 2007

Holiday Cards for Russian Orphans and other thoughts...

I got this in an email earlier - the cards are adorable with the benefits going to a great cause:


Your purchase of these holiday cards, drawn by children who grew up in Russian orphanages,
will benefit our very successful Bridge of Hope program, which brings older Russian orphans to the U.S.
for a homestay with a host family, attendance at day camp, and the opportunity to find permanent adoptive homes. Over the past ten summers, 90% of the children participating in the program have been adopted.
Each year, we must raise $300,000 so that 75 Russian children can have hope for the future.
Every dollar of your purchase will be dedicated to Bridge of Hope.


http://www.cradlehope.org/BOH/2006%20Xmas%20Flyer.pdf


We do not have a lot of other new news. I spoke with our adoption agency today who shared she has heard nothing yet of a court date although she did state that when we do hear it will likely mean we will be leaving in about two weeks. Our jewelry sales went well this past weekend although looking at the big financial picture is difficult still. Although our sales have been helpful it is exhausting to spend the entire weekend working to return to a 15 hour workday Monday. One look at the little man's picture though makes it all seem worth it. It is crazy how all the work, all the financial worries and all the intense emotions seems to just fade away when we look at a picture or video...his smile is so contagious. I keep thinking about the moment our plane touches down in Minneapolis with our little guy and our daughter in our arms. I cannot imagine a better moment in life!

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Those cards are a great idea. I'll be checking into those. I hope you hear news of a court date soon so you have both little ones with you this Christmas!!

MandyJo013078 said...

Amy -
I'm sorry I didn't make it to your jewelry show on Sunday - I'd planned to come but on Saturday I had an asthma attack while helping a friend move and it pretty much put me out of commission for the whole next day. I would like to order some bracelets for your fundraiser to give away as Christmas presents to my two Grandmothers, my mom, my sister, IV, and my girlfriends - when is your next show? Let me know or just email me when you have a chance. MandyJo013078@yahoo.com -
Thanks,
Mandy :)

Susan said...

I've found our Christmas cards! Thank you!

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for the card information. That is a great idea. I know like us you are getting anxious over the wait. Hopefully, Santa will be good to both of us this year and we'll have court dates prior to adoptions slowing down for the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats off to you enter, will look progressive in behalf of more interdependent articles soon as its sole of my favourite question to read.