Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WHAT IS THIS?!?



IT'S THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



WERE GOING TO RUSSIA TO MEET OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our NEW destination: Petrozavodsk, Russia
Our Little Guy is 15 months old and ADORABLE (we can't post pictures until court is complete)


OK....so I realize many of you are looking for an explanation. Trust me...we are as surprised as anyone that this is happening. So...here's what happened:




I was recently in touch with a woman who had swithced agencies when adopting from Russia. She suggested I contact the agency she had swithched to. We have loved the agency we had been using... they work very hard to ensure these children are placed into good homes however at what I believe is really no fault of their own, they had to extend our wait time. So...I decided to place a few calls to check on how much time and money is lost when switching agencies...really not thinking we would go through with the move. In fact after speaking with other agencies I figured I was pretty happy with what we had. My last call was to the agency the woman I had been in touch with had recommended. So...after an introduction the phone call went something like this:


Her: "What age and sex are you hoping to adopt?"


Me: "A..."


Her: "Let me guess, a boy under 18 months."


Me: Sigh (here it comes...the wait time conversation, this is where she tells me we have another year to wait and everyone she has waiting is looking for a little boy). "Actually, yes"


Her: "Really? And your paperwork is all ready? I actually have a little boy who is one-year-old coming off the database tomorrow. I just needed to find him a family who is ready to go by the end of October."


...She went on to explain that she should have some basic medical info and a picture (what we received yesterday) soon and we would then need to make a decision. The agency is very small but we happened accross it at the right time (when everyone else seemed to be looking for little girls or older children).


CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! The remainder of the conversation was followed by many squeals and pinching (this honestly felt like a dream). So...this is a God thing...how else do you describe this?!? We have since been incredibly busy rescheduling some things and scheduling others (doctor appts, international doctor preadoption consultation, updating our home study, getting immunizations, etc., etc.). We complete each and every task with such smiles and excitement. Our day has finally come.


So...the reason for not posting anything until now (the phone call took place about a week ago) is for a variety of reasons - first, we really wanted to be sure this was true. Also, we really only got the official call late yesterday and accepted the referral this morning. We spent time emailing and getting in contact with others who have used the agency (all very positive responses) and verifying the referral would actually occur. Secondly, while we are ESCTATIC, there is a large sense of guilt for those I have become close to in this waiting game...especially to those who have been waiting longer. So...I really felt the need to get in touch and explain this to those people before making our big blog announcement.

We are so happy to be able to share the most exciting and uplifting piece of this journey with all our friends, family, coworkers, fellow adoptees and bloggers...we will be posting prior to and while in Russia so keep tuned in.

15 comments:

Susan said...

Wow!!! Congratulations on your referal. God works in wonderful ways!

Patti said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! We hope you get to meet your little guy soon. Praise the Lord for directing you to a new agency!
Patti (and Matt)

Deb said...

So happy for you. I understand your reasons for feeling guilty but don't let that spoil your excitement.
Glad it's all working out. Hopefully you'll be over there very soon meeting your son. Congratz!!

Dede said...

Congrats on your referral! We are trying to decide whether to leave CHI for another agency too...it sure seems to have worked out for you! I would love to know more about your new agency if you would like to email me.
dede "at" 2dolphins.com

Shane & Marie said...

Congratulations! We also received a referral yesterday. I hope you get your travel dates soon. It is so exciting.

MandyJo013078 said...

Congrats .... I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear all about your travels!

Becky and Keith said...

CONGRATS! How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS - THIS IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!

Jane and Jim said...

That's soooo very exciting! Amy will you email me privately? jarwhatley@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Hi Amy-Congrats on your referral! I'm so happy for you and starting to really wonder about CHI myself! Thanks for the email letting me know before your announcement-you're so sweet! It is wonderful that this has happened for your family, and I only wish you the very best! I look forward to following your journey to meet him and bring him home!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Melissa said...

I found you through Debbies blog. Congrats on your news. I understand the mixed emotions. We couldn't tell others, even close friends, until several days later due to certain circumstances. Good luck.

Valerie said...

Super exciting!!! Please keep us posted. Talk about fate, huh??

Susan said...

Could you email me at staylor602@hotmail.com? I'd like to ask you something.

Denise :o) said...

Congratulations on your news!! That's wonderful. Just curious to see if your new agency is the one we used. Go to my blog and there is a link to them. Leave a comment if you'd prefer not to say who it is on your blog.