Monday, October 22, 2007

WE MADE IT!!

We have very little time to post because...WERE GOING TO MEET HIM IN 30 MINUTES!!! Things have gone fairly smooth so far. We will post pics and other information later tonight (its 10:30 Monday morning here).

A brief update:
Got to Moscow after a very long 9 hour flight from New York yesterday morning. We were greeted by two sweet ladies and a driver who gave us a great tour of Red Square as we had some time before we got on the train. We took a 14 hour train ride from Moscow to Petro. We were then greeted by Ann who took us to her apartment where we are now - I just took my first shower in 3 days - very nice. We are meeting with two social workers in just a few minutes and then going to the orphanage...we can hardly wait - this is one of those days that will certainly go in the top 10 list...make that top 3!

By the way - if any of my fellow adoptee bloggers can comment on how I change this site from Russian to English we'd much appreciate it :)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Yea! I'm glad you made it safely. Enjoy your time with little man and I can't wait to hear more details of the trip.

Shane & Marie said...

So glad you made it there. I bet it was a relief to finally get there. You have met with your son by now. I hope the visit was wonderful.

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh I can't wait to hear more!! Glad you made it safely - keep us updated - that's an order!!!!!

ACT room said...

We were happy to read your updated Blog. Can't wait to hear more. We miss you already !!

Carey and Norman said...

We hope your first visit with your son went well and no accidents (Ha...seems like everyone must get sworn into parenthood with a little vomit or poop). We cannot wait to read your next post.

Deb said...

So glad you made it safely. Hope your first meeting went well.

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm glad you made it!! Good luck with your first meeting with your son! I can't wait to hear how it goes!