Thursday, June 14, 2007

No news is not always good news...

I spoke with our adoption consultant in St. Louis today. It all boils down to no real new news. It seems everyone anticipates re-accrediation to happen with Russia soon however NO agencies have it right now. Our expected wait time if accrediation does not happen soon is 10-12 months from the time we submitted our dossier until when we actually bring our little guy home. So - since we sent our dossier in around the first of May we believe a very approximate time frame for our first trip will be around December - March with our final trip 2-3 months following that. She also stated that it is likely that our 500 - 700 page dossier is now completed being translated however we will not be contacted by Russia now until we get "the call" for our referral. We of course are praying for accrediation to happen soon - not only for our sake but for the good of all the children and families who are having to wait this out. So while I do not right now like the phrase "no news is good news", I do have greater appreciation for the statment, "patience is a virtue".

Amy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found your blog. We adopted our daughter in 2004 from Tver. If you have any question, just e-mail me.
Kristin kollis22@hotamail.com

Dede said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog! I see that we are with the same agency. I would like to add a link to your blog if that's okay with you.

Becky and Keith said...

Hi Ryan and Amy! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm very interested in hearing more about Tver and following your adoption journey. We are sooooo close to getting our dossier sent to St. Louis and we know that it will be time to pick a region or have one picked for us! I've followed many blogs with CHI families adopting from Vladivostok and am just now coming across some Tver ones as well. I wish you the best of luck throughout the adoption process. Patience is definitely a virtue - one I don't have much of! People keep reminding me that every bump in the road and each day you pass is God's way of getting you to the right child. I must repeat that to myself 20 times a day! :-) Best wishes! Becky

Allison said...

After seven months of waiting for the call, we are hoping to hear something soon. I'm praying that these rumors about accreditation actually come true soon, and that things will speed up again.