Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Scratchin Our Heads...

So - the results of any parasites in Brady's system is negative. A good thing but now were faced wondering what is going on. He has actually LOST a pound since we took him from the orphanage...not good for a 19 pound 18 month old! He is eating a ton plus we have him back on a small amount of formula a day and Pediasure in addittion to whole milk. His allergy rash is worse then we've ever seen it. Our pediatrician is pretty concerned and got us into a dermatologist in record time next week. We will also be meeting with him next week. He seems happy but continues to get up a lot at night and seems pretty bothered by his rash (scratching exposed rashes till it bleeds!!). Poor thing! We have tried tracking the foods, eliminating milk products, etc. and can't figure it out...either can the doctors. Hopefully we will have some answers next week.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh... the poor little guy! I really hope the dermatologist is able to help out. What about an allergist or did your dr run all of those tests? I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers - nothing worse then an upset baby!

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh my goodness - poor Brady. Keep working with the doctors and son't take "I don't know" for an answer. There has to be something going on. I'll be praying for him and you!

Carey and Norman said...

I hope it is something minor you can change quickly. What about detergents or soaps? Another thought is animals...do you have a pet in the house?

I hope you find out soon...that has to be hard as a parent to see your child with such a bad rash. Poor little thing.

Patti said...

I'm not sure how you feel about chiropractors, but thought I'd suggest it. My friend has brought her son since he was 2 to the chiropractor because of rashes and food allergies, and it has really helped. (They went to an allergist first to confirm what he was allergic to.) He's allergic to nuts, eggs, wheat, and certain dyes that are even in medications. He is also allergic to something in the immunization shots. Even if he is in the same room as someone who is eating something with eggs in it, he can break out in a rash.

Mama Fish said...

oh goodness! I hope that you hear some news next week that will help you get to the bottom of what is causing the rash. I also hope you get some results on his nutrition/weigh loss. I will certainly lift him up in prayer, and both of you as well.
Jackie (also adopting from Russia)