Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess!




Allison celebrated her third birthday yesterday with a beautiful princess party. Her grandma and grandpa came as did five friends for a party filled with nail painting, dress up and finger sandwiches. Thanks to my friend Jody she had a beautiful princess dress to celebrate in. Brady was a little overwhelmed with all the "girly" events (he really is ALL boy) but did well. Coming home just before Christmas and birthdays, I wonder if he thinks life here is all about presents.

We are finally starting to feel like we are settling in, Brady seems happy here and to be adjusting well. His sleeping is starting to improve (only waking up 2-3 times instead of 8-9 each night) although one of us still has to sleep in his room at night. He had another pediatrician appt. last week which we were happy to discover that all blood tests proved negative for HIV, hepatitis A, B, C, syphylis, etc. (we had most of these tests in Russia but it was nice to get confirmation in the states). Unfortunately not one ounce was gained despite the fact that he has gone back on formula, pediasure and whole milk. He has actually lost a pound since leaving the orphanage so this is a concern of ours and our pediatrician. They are looking into parasites that may be keeping him from gaining weight.

9 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

Happy birthday Allison! I hope everything is okay with Brady. Keep us posted on what the doctor says.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Birthday to Allison! She looked so cute in her princess dress, and it sounds like the party was very fun!

I hope you can get some answers about Brady's weight. We will pray that the doctor's can determine what is going on and that they will find a way for him to gain weight.

Becky and Keith said...

What a cute little princess you have!! Brady had better get used to the "all girl" theme. Wait until they are teenagers! :-) hehehehe.... I'm so glad his tests came back negative and hope they figure out why he isn't gaining weight. I'm sure you and Ryan are thrilled to be able to sleep a bit more!

Troy and Rachel said...

Allison looks like a true princess!! I'm glad her party went well. I am also glad Brady is adjusting well and that the sleeping is getting better. I hope the docs can figure out why he hasn't gained weight. It may be just an adjustment period before he puts on the pounds!!

Carey and Norman said...

Very sweet. I can't wait for Princess parties!!

Glad to hear the results were negative. I know you were glad to receive that news!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Happy Birthday to sweet little Allison! What an adorable party!

I'm glad to hear Brady is sleeping a little better now and that his blood tests were negative. I hope you get answers to the weight loss soon. Sounds like a parasite to me! Thankfully, these are easy to treat.

Wishing you a good night's sleep,
Adrienne

Deb said...

Happy birthday Princess!!

Glad he's sleeping better and all tests came back negative. I hope he starts gaining soon.

Joy said...

Your daughter is so beautiful.I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy

MandyJo013078 said...

Happy Birthday Allison - you are such a sweetie pie! The princess birthday stuff is so cute! I'm glad to hear that Brady's medical test came back healthy and I'll keep him in my prayers and hope that he'll start putting on weight soon! I'm glad that your family is getting settled in :) - thanks for keeping us updated.