Sunday, September 9, 2007

busy, busy

I wish there was more to post on the adoption front. I did speak with our adoption consultant last week and she assured me that despite the slow down in our region they did not anticipate moving us regions. The hard thing for us to swallow is that our region may no longer be waiving the 10 day waiting period (for those of you not obsessed with the Russian adoption scene - there is a 10 day waiting period after you adopt your child that the judge may or may not choose to waive). In the past Tver has been a region which nearly always waived that extra 10 days however they have switched judges and this might not be the case anymore. The hardest part about that will be leaving our daughter for an EXTRA 10 days...I can't imagine how difficult that will be. Life outside of adoption has been busy. I have started my last semester of grad school and am back to a full work schedule. So I leave the house at 7am and do not return until 9pm most nights - with the exception of a quick occassional dinner. December 10th will be a happy day for me!!

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

It certainly seems as though most regions are moving away from waiving the 10 days. Would you stay those 10 days or come back home? Does your rep know if you'd be able to visit during that time? Kras doesn't waive the 10 days either - I'm hoping that the 10 days will make for an easier transition out of the baby home for the peanut. HA! Wishful thinking, I'm sure. Just trying to put a positive spin on it. I hope you're region starts moving quickly!

Carey and Norman said...

We will keep your family and the change in Tver in our prayers. We will have the same issue leaving our son for the ten extra days we are in Vlad adopting our daughter.

Good luck on finishing Grad School. I graduated with my Masters in May and I know how challenging it is when you are raising a child and studying for school at the same time.

Best wishes to you!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Please keep me updated on what you learn about Tver! It sounds like your coordinator is keeping you updated with information so that is good! Good luck with your fall semester!

Troy and Rachel said...

Seems like noone in Russia is waving those days anymore. I know for those of you with children at home it will be much harder. Troy and I are actually looking forward to being in Russia that long, minus missing our animals!!