Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan & First Boat Ride



So sorry for the delay in posting (again )! Since our last post our lives continue to be fairly eventful including my own (Amy's) layoff (the agency is shutting down)!! In case your thinking you've seen this post before - you have... this is one year following Ryan's layoff. I have been in my position for seven years (with the agency for 11) and was very saddened to hear this news. Fortunately, I work within a very supportive school district and county who are working toward maintaining my position with another agency. I will know more next week but remain cautiously optimistic.


Brady is doing very well. He seems to have picked up another couple dozen words since our last post and is now quite the chatterbox. We have a doctor appointment next week and while I am unsure if he has gained weight he does appear to be taller. We do not yet have an answer for the resistance to gain weight but all tests have prooved negative and doctors continue to feel he is otherwise healthy.


We recently celebrated Ryan's birthday. We made him a fish cake and took Brady on his first boat ride (which he of course loved). We will be celebrating Brady's 2nd birthday this week and will be sure to post more then.


9 comments:

MandyJo013078 said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your position. I'll keep you guys in my prayers and I hope that your school district will be able to find a position for you somewhere. I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well. Thanks for posting! Hopefully Ryan had a great birthday and a happy father's day with his two little cuties! The boat ride looks fun! I went to Outing 4 wheeling 2 weekends ago! I thought of you guys on the drive up there! Have a great day!
MJ

Troy and Rachel said...

I hope you hear good news about your position and we will say a prayer for you. Glad Brady seems to be growing and hopefully those pounds will come soon. The boat ride looks fun and the cake is great!! Troy would have loved it!! Happy Birthday Ryan!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your position. Your family is in my prayers. Let's plan a date to get together! I would love to meet Brady and watch the boys play.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Brady! I hope this layoff opens new and better doors for you.

Shane & Marie said...

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I hope that they are able to maintain it through another agency. Happy Birthday Ryan. It looks like the kids enjoyed being out on the boat.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job and hope that the other one will work out! Happy Birthday to Ryan-what a cute cake! I hope your kids are enjoying their summer!

Jane and Jim said...

He's too cute, maybe he's just meant to be a skinny-minny! (Not a bad thing!)

Sorry to hear about your layoff - I hope things get better for you guys in the work dept.

Happy Birthday Ryan! Your cake looks like it was fun to make.

Patti said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about your job. I hope that you have the right connections to get another job with a different agency soon! It looks like Brady had a blast on the boat. I'm glad to hear there are no other health concerns you are dealing with. Let me know if you're ever in the area. Unfortunately, we really don't travel up your way.

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Birthday Ryan and Brady.

So sorry to hear about the layoff. God has bigger plans and will guide you as you make decisions. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the pictures. The cake is really cute! What a great idea!!